Monday, February 27, 2012

Things you see that you don't talk about...

A lot of us have been in a position where we see things happening and we don't talk or say anything about it. We look the other way, we pretend not to see or notice it, but we do, and its stuck in the back of our heads wondering, should I leave it or do something about it. This is where most of us get stuck. Should we take a step onto the edge and bring up the issue and either possibly have it backfire and blow up on everyone, or have it stop the situation all together. If we don't take the chance, you will sit back and watch helplessly as some peoples lives get more complicated and possibly in the end, ruin everyone's lives that are tied together with the issue. What I'm mainly talking about is cheating.

Most likely we have all been in a situation where we have seen friends or family sleeping around behind their partners back. I am speaking loosely of sleeping around. It doesn't have to be sex, just another relationship all together. Anyways, we have been in this situation and we all have chewed over what to do. Most often, we just ignore everything and just let it move on its coarse at its own leisure. Even though we know it will ruin at least one of the individuals involved emotionally. But we stand by and do nothing. We would rather watch peoples lives get turned upside down around us as we sit by idly so we don't get pulled into the drama.

I have three individuals on one of my online social profiles that are caught up in this drama. Two of the three I've known for a while and one of those I've known their family for an easy 15+ years. I've been asked by one person to check the others social page for information, and to show the other person an email that was sent to me of a long conversation of the two. I know more then I want to. And I don't plan on hearing anymore information on the situation. I did say my piece at one point to two of the individuals but one didn't want to hear anything, and the other listened, but from what I seen, went back to pursuing the one caught in the middle. So in the end, I tried, but no progress was made on my part. So, I am done.

I can't say that you should go and tell people when they hear of someone cheating on them, or just leave them alone. This is a type of thing that should be talked about between friends and family that if one person knows their friend or family is being cheated on, then they would know if they should speak up or not. I for one would want someone to tell me if someone I was in a relationship with was cheating on me. I personally despise cheaters. I've dumped women in the past when I found out that they slept with someone else.

Cheaters never win, Winners never cheat, and chickens look funny in pink spandex.

~ JB

No comments:

Post a Comment