Thursday, October 20, 2011

Show review - The Walking Dead

I know I haven't been doing a blog everyday like I wanted and said but work is crazy this week. I've been working 11 hour days. I feel burnt out, but I'm gonna love the pay. I might even think of getting the iPhone 4s, or just wait until after the holidays so I can spend that extra money to spoil my daughter. Choices choices....Anyways, on with my blog...

The Walking Dead.

I just finished watching the first 6 episodes of the short first season and I have to say....I FUCKIN LOVE THIS SERIES. True Blood was an awesome series, but then I got bored of it after the first 2. A lot of my friends said I should watch the other ones, but I just didn't have time. I have more important things to watch...lol.

We have all seen zombie type movies no matter who you are. We know the ins and outs of what happens in them and how it always ends. People fight off zombies, try and stay safe, then an army happens to stumble across them, killing all the zombies around and saving them. The End. People died, people cry, kids seem to be no where. This series is different then the typical zombie movie but they still maintain the traditional zombie like abilities. There dead, hungry and they come after all living things. You wont be getting those zombies who can run like hell after someone. That just doesn't speak zombie to me. 

Before I continue, I'll just say this. They don't call the zombies in this series zombies, they use the word geek. Some not-so-educated people might wonder why they are calling them geeks, aren't geeks like nerds but cooler...? The original term for geek is "a carnival performer who performs sensationally morbid or disgusting acts, as biting off the head of a live chicken." It originated around 1915-1920.

The main thing I like about this show is its showing how life is after a zombie like apocalypse. You see a few different `clans` of people that are working together to survive. You have people from all different backgrounds as well that in a normal life, wouldn't get along but due to the situation, they look past their differences and band together for the greater good....life.

If you are a zombie fan and want to see something other then the traditional zombie like movies, you have to check this out. It will definitely be worth it. The average show is between 45-60 minutes long. Season 2 has already started and I'm behind the 2 episodes already released. Unlucky for me, they don't have these yet on Netflix so I'll have to actually use my cable box to find when those episodes are on.

I give this series a 9 flames outta 10. Superb series.


~ JB

1 comment:

  1. Very good series. Also, I'd suggest checking out the comics if you have time. There are actually significant differences between the comics and the show, so it'd definitely be worth your time, imo. =)

    ReplyDelete