Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bonus Blog - I mean I can't believe it worked

I am surprised that it worked. The faq section of OXMonline.com said that they do not encourage it but almost all of the readers that have had a reading problem with the disc said it worked. I got the Halo Anniversary edition of OXM, cause if you know me, I am  die hard Halo Geek...lol. I got it just after I got my new XBox 360s.

I popped it in to check out some of the demos and it wouldn't read. It kept saying my disc was dirty. WTF!!? Disc dirty. I took the game out and looked at it. Crystal clean. No marks, scratches, nothing. I did not think much of it. Today though, I wanted to try it again. Just to see if it was just a fluke that it didn't work. Tried it, and I got the same problem.

Then I decided to check out OXMonline.com. I was too lazy last time but because I have my XBox connected to the main TV, the computer is right there. So I went online.The faq sections said that most people that had this problem took the disc and put it into bowling water for about 15 seconds, patted it dry and when they put it back in the XBox, it worked. So, I tried it. But, I only had it in for maybe 10 seconds. I dried it, put it in the system, and BAM....it fuckin worked. I actually laughed a little.

The reason OXMonline.com said that it would possibly work was because when the disc is finished being made, it is washed and sometimes residue is left on some discs. It's clear and hard to see, but it might be just thick enough to disrupt the laser trying to read the disc. I'm still smirking because it worked...kinda cool if you think about it. Boiling a disc so it would play...lol.


No matter how dumb something sounds, if enough people said it works, don't discredit it until you try it.

~ JB

No comments:

Post a Comment