Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Book Review ~ HALO The Essential Visual Guide

For those who have not read any of my blogz, I've stated before that I am a huge Halo Geek. I own almost all the games (not ODST) and I own all their books. I still have to get the books that were redone. Oh well, I don't mind putting money toward my favorite sci fi universe.

When I picked the book up this past weekend, I thought that it would just be a book filled with pictures and explaining what they are and some history about it. Turns out I was right. lol

The cover is visually stimulating. It has a huge front view of the Master Chief from about the waist up. Cortana is standing in front of him with her back toward us. And sorry guys, the A in HALO is covering her ass. the cover looks basic but it speaks volume.

As you open, the table of contents are in alphabetical order as well as numerical order. Whoever made the layout made the book idiot proof. As long as you know your alphabet, you can easily find what you are looking for.

Quickly thumbing through it you can find anything worth reading. No matter what page you stop on. It is filled with useful information and pictures from all 6 current Halo games. There is nothing referring to any of the books or from the Halo Legends movie.

This is a must have for anyone who loves Halo. If you want to show off your Halo knowledge then get this book as well as the Halo Encyclopedia which overs all Halo things excluding Halo: Reach.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it becomes a sport, EA buys the rights and makes yearly games.

~ JB

No comments:

Post a Comment