Thursday, September 15, 2011

You know your old when...

Today I was watching a video on Break.com about the Scarlet Johannson leaked nude pix and I noticed the guy talking on it had a t-shirt on with Homie the Clown on it with 'Homie Don't Play That' written down the side and I thought, "I would love to have that shirt." (btw, the video was safe for work. All nude parts were blocked out.) 5-10 years ago I wouldn't have thought that. And it got me thinking...man I'm getting old.

Now yes, I am still quite young. Gonna be 27 in just over 2 weeks, but that's not my point. It seems like I'm getting to that age where things that would have bothered me in the past, doesn't bother me now. I just simply don't care. I've also been looking at some retro gaming t-shirts and hats that I might pick up that I wouldn't dare be caught in over 5 years ago.

It's funny how things change as you get older. Things that mattered to you before, doesn't matter to you now. You look at more of the simple things in life instead of caring about the big luxury things. I care more now about coming home from work and relaxing then where the next big party is at. I'm not saying that I don't like to party still. It's just not a priority.

I wish I actually realized all of this years and years ago. My life would be so much different. Hell, I might have actually gotten married and shit. Buuuut, I do love my single life. I don't have to worry about making sure my girlfriend/fiancée/wife was happy. I don't need to see if it's ok to join online leagues or buy a new video game or whatever. I answer to no one but myself.

Life is the longest thing you do. Don't you deserve to be happy no matter what anyone else thinks? Life seems short though because when your gone, your gone forever and you can't restart it. It's over. Unless you believe in reincarnation. So for my younger readers, worry more about what makes you happy and ignore anything negative that anyone else thinks and says.

Remember this people, Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

~ JB

No comments:

Post a Comment