Saturday, September 10, 2011

Worked today....been working mote Saturdays the past couple months then ever before. I have probably worked about 25 Saturday's in the last 7 1/2 years. Loving the extra pay though lol. It's also nice that I'm the only one in on the weekend when I have to work. I get to blare music. =)

After my 4hr shift I went to my local EB Games at the mall near where I work to see about getting my Halo: Reach game cleaned because a couple weeks ago the maps stopped loading. I could be to all the menus though. :/
It took me a week to find my receipt for it but I noticed that I forgot to get the one year warranty. :(

Anyways, the manager at EB said, "no we don't clean discs but just give me a moment. Do u have the game here?" I said ya and handed it to him. After about 5-10 minutes on the computer he told me that instead of me buying a new game he could give me a refurbish disc and a year warranty for....$5.65. HELL YA!!!! So, I got a new disc and it works. Already installed it in my new XBox 360s that I bought last week.

I go to that EB Games a lot. I've spent maybe $1000+ in the past year. Every time I'm there I make sure I spark up a conversation with the employees. They've set aside a Duke Nukem Big Balls of Steel package for me cause they got one extra. Got a Duke Nukem necklace keychain for free and now that. I think they like me lol.

I decided to let the manager know about SeasonedGamers.com and he seemed generally interested. For those who don't know, it's a gaming forum for older, mature gamers. They have a few leagues a year of Halo, CoD, L4D, racing, golf and maybe more. And we do have our own Olympics. It's mainly focused around XBox but there is something on there for any system.

So people, make sure you get a good friendship with the people at the game store you go to. You never know what you can get from a good friendship with them.

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

~ JB

No comments:

Post a Comment