Monday, September 12, 2011

I <3 my career.

Work this week is gonna be a relaxing one. No I do still have to work OT, no it still seems like a busy week. What makes it a relaxing one is that my boss is gone on vacation. :)

I don't want people to think I'm gonna goof around and not work at times. I actually still work the same, it's just I dint have to worry about my boss asking me to update him every other hour on my jobs and have him come in my office about every half hour to hour asking if I have everything under control.

You would think me doing the same position for seven and a half years and running the department the last 3 years would have him know I got things covered. But this is what you get with a neurotic boss. It is humorous when he freaks out with the occasional flies we get in the summer. Turning off lights to "corner" them. lol Despite his neurosis, he is an awesome boss. Best one I've had.

For those who don't know what I do, I'm a laser technician. My basic position. I make lazered and full colour graphic plaques for the auto industry. And I am trained to operate our Nd YAG laser to engrave tool and die moulds for the auto industry. We have done other stuff too. The odd sign and banner for some people, name tags, award plaques and special jobs every so often.

We've done lazering on tools for NASA which have been used on the international space station, tags for parts on helicopters for the US air force and my favorite, which I don't know if I can legally say but I'll give you a hint...they were ran across Canada.
I'm also proud to say that we are the only place in the world that we know of that makes the full colour graphic plaques for the auto industry.

I can also proudly say this; In 2007, my boss came to me about 2 months after getting this new program and machines, after I taught myself the program and how to use everything, he asked if I can see if I can use it to make full colour plaques. 1-2 hours later, I went to his office with a sample and he loved it. Another couple weeks go by with us working hand and hand with a tool and die company we were able to get the process fine tuned. We are always adjusting things to make them better and faster.

I love this career I have chosen. Definitely a prayer answered by God.

And on behalf of my boss, (he says this EVERYDAY when he leave), If you need me or anything goes wrong, call me, I'm just around the corner. Be safe, don't get hurt. lol

~ JB

No comments:

Post a Comment